We all know the tradition of a fancy candlelight dinner for the Valentine's Day holiday.
The Visit New Hampshire tourism website has offered a sample of some more adventurous activities to do with your significant other. Here is a list of five:
1. VALENTINE'S SLEIGH RIDE: There are plenty of properties offering horse-drawn sleigh rides for the holiday, including Nestlebrook Estate and Resort in Jackson, Belgian Acres Bed & Breakfast in Tilton and Charmingfare Farm in Candia.
2. SNOWMOBILING: Looking to summon your inner extreme sports personality? The Tall Timber Lodge in Pittsburg features the Snowmobile Highway.
3. ZIPLINING: How's this for a thrill: racing through the treetops 1,000 feet in the air for Valentine's Day. Bretton Woods is featuring a canopy tour.
4. CHAIRLIFT SPEED DATING: In Jackson, there will be an event on Feb. 11 for those who are still looking for a Valentine. All you do is hop on the chair life for a ten minute ride and you can get the chance to meet someone for the holiday. The event will run from 2 to 4 p.m., and sign-ups begin at 12:30p.m. It is free with the purchase of a lift ticket.
5. SNOWSHOEING: On Feb. 10, Beaver Brook will feature a peaceful snowshoe walk through the forest. The hike will end with a bonfire and beverages/desserts. The event will run from 7 to 9 p.m.