Staties Arrest 25 on New Year's Eve
Traffic enforcement effort nabs 25, including 15 people allegedly driving under the influence.
New Hampshire State Police Director Colonel Robert Quinn announces the enforcement efforts of State Troopers during the New Year’s Eve traffic enforcement effort. The State Police are pleased to anounce that there were no fatal motor vehicle crashes and want to thank all those who travelled safely and courteously.
Beginning at 9 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 31, 2012, through 3 a.m. on Tuesday Jan. 1, State Troopers maintained a highly visible presence throughout the state to assure safe holiday travel. The Highway Safety Unit coordinated assignments of highly trained State Troopers throughout the state to detect and apprehend impaired drivers. As a result of their enforcement efforts there were a total of 15 DUI arrests made and 10 other criminal arrests. A list of those arrested and their charges is as follows:
- Diane Bovee, 33, Ossipee: Possession of a Controlled Drug
- Justin Dacey, 28, Effingham: DUI
- James Burton, 34, Manchester: DUI, Possession of a Controlled Drug
- Elizabeth Beinhorn, 30, Rochester: Reckless Driving, Reckless Conduct, Disobeying an Officer
- Howard Drouin, 33, W. Swanzey: DUI
- Hicham Gharios, 34, Somersworth: DUI
- Munir Osman, 33, Manchester: DUI, Habitual Offender
- Nicholas Sumner, 22, Bethel, Maine: Possession of Controlled Drug
- Brandon Sargent, 21, Portsmouth: DUI
- Christopher Morse, 24, Dover: DUI
- Joshua McKinnon, 31, Derry: DUI
- Joseph Bashaw, 29, West Lebanon: DUI
- James McGlory, 46, Antrim: Electronic Bench Warrant
- Jeremiah Nason, 23, Lebanon: Electronic Bench Warrant
- Jessica Turner, 25, Concord: Driving After Suspension
- Jonathan Reed, 31, Groveton: DUI
- Wayne Downs, 25, Epping: DUI, Possession of a Controlled Drug
- Marissa Willey, 18, Allenstown: Unlawful Possession of Alcohol
- Willian Mejia-Delisle, 19, Manchester: DUI
- Amanda Ebitson, 22, Raymond: Possesion of a Controlled Drug
- Joshua Lantos, 24, Norton, Mass.: Driving After Suspension
- Brittany Keyser, 17, Springfield: DUI
- Hannah Parenteau, 18, Springfield: Unlawful Possession of Alcohol
- Luis Maciel, 33, Manchester: DUI Aggravated & Subsequent
- Daniel Katsohis, 24, Hudson: DUI, Driving After Suspension, Electronic Bench Warrant
Several erratic and impaired operators were identified and apprehended as a result of phone calls by responsible citizens reporting their unsafe and erratic operation. The men and women of the State Police appreciate the public's assistance in removing impaired drivers from our roadways.
The New Hampshire State Police are committed to ensuring safe travel throughout the state and will continue our efforts to reduce traffic collisions in 2013.