Salem Town Meeting 2013 Voter's Guide
Updated with everything you need before you head to the polls this March.
Salem NH Patch wants you to be a Power Voter this year, with all of the information you need in one place.
Check back here for everything you need to know for your ballot.
School Board (2 open seats) – 3 year terms
- Patricia Corbett (incumbent)
- John J. Manning
- Peter Morgan (incumbent)
School District Moderator (1 open seat) - 3 year term
- Kelly Bryant (incumbent)
School District Clerk (1 open seat) – 3 year term
- Linda Cornwell (incumbent)
School District Treasurer (1 open seat) – 3 year term
- Mark Pearson (incumbent)
Town of Salem
Selectmen (1 open seat) – 3 year term
- Pat Hargreaves (incumbent)
- Stephen Kelly (has announced that he is no longer seeking the seat)
Budget Committee (2 open seats) – 3 year terms
- Josef E. Brown
- Paul Welch
- Eugene M. Morgan
- Stephan Coufos
- Martha Spaulding
Budget Committee (1 open seat) – 1 year term
- Russell Frydryck (incumbent)
- Steven Plante
Planning Board (2 open seats) – 3 year terms
- Edward DeClercq (incumbent)
- Linda Harvey (incumbent)
Zoning Board of Adjustment (1 open seat) – 3 year term
Trustee of the Library (1 open seat) – 3 year term
- Martha Breen (incumbent)
- Genevieve Lord
Trustee of the Trust Fund (1 open seat) – 1 year term
- Harley Featherston (incumbent)
- Thomas Linehan
- Salem Set to Appoint Casino Advisory Committee Members
- Building and Trades Council Calls Casino Report 'Flawed'
- BudCom Letter Lashes Out at Selectmen, Lack Of Casino Involvement
- Morse: Casino Host Community Will Get About $13.5 Million
- Study Says Costs of Casino Will Cancel Out Benefits
- Anti-Casino Group Tells Residents to Ask Hassan the 'Tough Questions'
- Passage of School Improvements Will Mean $750K in State Aid
- Hassan Stands Behind Casino Pledge at Governors Meeting
- BudCom Candidates Back Casino, School Renovations
- Hickey, Other Locals Testify at Senate Hearing on Gaming
- Hassan: NH 'Can No Longer Pretend' Gambling Isn't Coming
- Selectman Candidate has Second Thoughts
- Millennium Gaming, Anti-Gambling Group Each Speak Out on Hassan Budget
- Selectmen Excited About Governor's Backing of Gaming
- Hassan's Gaming Stance Slammed by Former Gubernatorial Candidates
- Survey Shows Gaming in N.H. Gaining Support
- Morse on Gaming: 'Things Have Changed in Concord'
- Millennium Gaming CEO: Rockingham Park is Best Site in New England
- Town Begins Casino Committee Outreach
- Morse: Expanded Gaming Bill Would Award One License
- Reduction of Over $600K for Bridge, Road Warrants Proposed
- Non-Elected Citizens to Make Up Majority of Casino Committee
- Residents Back School Renovations, Improvements
- Residents Band Together to Get Local Road Fixed
- Selectmen Won't Back Any Non-Profit Petitions
- Bridge Reconstruction Warrant to Total Over $1.6 Million
- Selectmen Slammed by BudCom for Road Program Warrant
- BudCom Approves School Improvements Warrant
- Selectmen Weigh Lease Vs. Purchase of New Fire Engine
- Selectmen Recommend Casino Referendum
- BudCom Trims $82K From School Budget
- Selectmen, Moderator to Seek Election Solutions
- Selectmen Change Course on '13 Default Budget
All prior stories can be found in the Salem, N.H. Patch archives
The Deliberative Sessions
Town of Salem Deliberative Session took place on Saturday, Feb. 2 at 9 a.m. at Salem High School auditorium. Social Agencies Story, Keewaydin Drive Story.
The Salem School District Deliberative Session will take place on Thursday, Feb. 7 at 7 p.m. in the Salem High School auditorium. Read the story here.
- Vote 'Yes' for Expanded Gaming
- Voting is a Privilege? or a Hassle? Or is only Important if I get Something out of it?
- Let's Complete the Job by Approving Phase 2 on March 12
- Two Phase 2 Questions and Answers
- Answer to Phase 2 Questions and Answers
- Everyday Math has not Panned out in Salem
- Rules and Exceptions; Facilities and Penicillin
- Response to Peter Morgan's Blog Post 'Rules and Exceptions; Facilities and Penicillin
- For Hassan and Expanded Gaming, the Time is Now!
- Why Don't I 'Allow Comments' on by Blog Posts?
- Response to "Why Don't I 'Allow Comments" on my Blog Posts?"
- Why Should we Invest $17M in Soule, Fisk and Haigh Schools?
- Response to Peter Morgan on School Renovations; Add Your Responses Here
Voting will take place on Tuesday, March 12 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at four polling places.