Five Things: Pawn Brokers Ordinance Vote
Also, school vacation will run this week.
1. TODAY'S FORECAST: Today will be mostly sunny with a high of 42. The temperature will dip to a low of 27 tonight with partly cloudy skies.
2. PAWN BROKERS ORDINANCE: A final selectmen vote on proposed amendments to the town's Second Hand Dealer and Pawn Brokers ordinance will take place tonight at 7 at Town Hall.
3. ALSO ON TAP: Will be a funding request for public safety wireless communication.
4. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: On February 25, 1964, 22-year-old Cassius Clay shocks the odds-makers by dethroning world heavyweight boxing champ Sonny Liston in a seventh-round technical knockout. The dreaded Liston, who had twice demolished former champ Floyd Patterson in one round, was an 8-to-1 favorite. However, Clay predicted victory, boasting that he would "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" and knock out Liston in the eighth round. The fleet-footed and loquacious youngster needed less time to make good on his claim--Liston, complaining of an injured shoulder, failed to answer the seventh-round bell. A few moments later, a new heavyweight champion was proclaimed.
5. SCHOOL VACATION WEEK: A reminder that all schools will be off this week for February vacation.