Five Things: Irish Get Rocked
Also, the Planning Board will meet tonight.
1. TODAY'S FORECAST: This afternoon will warm up a bit with mostly sunny skies and a high of 44. Tonight will be partly cloudy with a low of 29.
2. TOWN PLANNERS MEET TONIGHT: Planners will have a conceptual discussion on a Saab site on School Street along with a public hearing on a 22,000-square-foot retail plaza. The meeting will take place in the Knightly Meeting Room at 7 p.m.
3. IRISH GET CRUSHED: Looking overmatched from the start, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish fell in the National Championship last night to the Alabama Crimson Tide. The 42-14 final gave 'Bama its third championship in four years.
4. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: On this day in 1790, President George Washington delivers the first State of the Union address to the assembled Congress in New York City.
5. OBAMA NOMINATES CIA, PENTAGON HEADS: John Brennan was chosen by President Barack Obama on Monday as the next head of the Central Intelligence Agency. Chuck Hagel was nominated to lead the Pentagon.