Five Things: Donor Center Opens Earlier
Also, planners will meet tonight.
1. TODAY'S FORECAST: Today will be cloudy with a high of 43, while tonight will see a low of 32 and snow showers late.
2. RED CROSS DONOR CENTER OPEN EARLIER: This week, Feb. 25 to 28, The American Red Cross Donor Center at 425 Reservoir Ave., Manchester, will be open an hour earlier, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. This is to hopefully make up for all of the blood lost this month due to the several snow storms. The Donor Center will also be open on Friday, March 1, from noon to 5 p.m. To make your appointment call 1-800-REDCROSS or go to redcrossblood.org. Walk ins are always welcome. There will be ski tickets and coupons for Chili’s Bar and Grill through Thursday. On Friday, donors will receive coupons from Subway and subs will be served all day.
3. TOM BRADY HERE FOR GOOD?: Patriots fans, Tom Brady signed a team-friendly, $27 million contract extension over three years that has him inked through 2017. Could this mean he will retire with New England?
4. THIS DAY IN HISTORY: At 12:18 p.m. on Feb. 26, 1993, a terrorist bomb exploded in a parking garage of the World Trade Center in New York City, leaving a crater 60 feet wide and causing the collapse of several steel-reinforced concrete floors in the vicinity of the blast. Although the terrorist bomb failed to critically damage the main structure of the skyscrapers, six people were killed and more than 1,000 were injured. The World Trade Center itself suffered more than $500 million in damage. After the attack, authorities evacuated 50,000 people from the buildings, hundreds of whom were suffering from smoke inhalation. The evacuation lasted the whole afternoon.
5. PLANNERS TO MEET: The Salem Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. at Town Hall. Discussion items include a public hearing with Liberty Utilities related to tree trimming, as well as hearings on the Thur Ken II site plan on Main Street and the Osomor site plan on Keewaydin Drive.